Saturday, July 2, 2011

How to make a flower out of fabric


As I like to make a different headbands, I like to make fancy flowers for them too:) This post is about how to make a flower out of left over fabrics.
I needed one plastic headband, long strip out of same fabric (I just cut out a long strip, fold the sides and iron it well), super glue, some lace and a pearl.
First of all I wrapped the strip around the headband, to attach the strip to the headband, I used glue at the beginning and at the end of the wrapping:

Cut out same round pieces, fold it twice and sew the edges:

Attached them together and gathered to form a flower:

Sew the edges of the lace and also gathered it and sew the ends.

Made another smaller flower with 3 petals and finally attached them together, decorating with a pearl:

At the end I attached this flower on the top of the headband and voila!!! Beautiful headband that will match with my new summer dress:)

No comments:

Post a Comment