Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Soup puree with cauliflower and green beans


I've been thinking about becoming a vegetarian these days, well maybe half vegetarian for the beginning:)It's been 2 month I am not eating red meat, I eat only fish, poultry or prawns(though I also feel pity for birds)and surprisingly I feel fine with that. After watching some video and reading some articles about the animals and how they are treated in butcheries, I couldn't eat that red meat. But it is still a big question for me, as I don't how I will behave in future, but for now I decided not to eat red meat. I cook for my husband and daughter, but I don't eat that. These times I cook separately for myself, mostly soups. Today is also my soup day, so I decided to make cauliflower soup with green beans. I often improvise and cook right away without any recipe and it usually turns out to be delicious treat! This was also my experiment today:)
Ingredients:
2 tbsp of olive oil
Half of cauliflower, separated in small florets (or one small one)
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 can of green beans, drained
Half of medium sized zucchini, peeled and cubed
Fresh cream for serving
Salt to taste
Fresh chopped coriander
Pinch of pepper
Bring 1 liters of water to boil. Put in cauliflower, zucchini and cook over medium heat until they are soft, for about 15 min. In separate pan, heat up olive oil and fry onions until nice light golden color. When cauliflower and zucchini are ready, put in onions and 3/4 can of beans in to the soup. Add in salt, coriander and pepper. Take from heat. Blend soup using food processor, until smooth.
Serve topping some cream and whole green beans over the soup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment