Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pumpkin cheesecake


I love cheesecakes! I have tried a lot of recipes and every time I am just falling in love again and again:) Today I am posting pumpkin cheesecake recipe. It has special flavor and taste, useful because of pumpkin. I always make pumpkin puree myself, but you can also use the canned one. For the base any biscuits can be used, I used Oreo biscuits, but I don't recommend it for you, as I didn't like the result (after baking the base looked like burned, as these biscuits are very dark brown), I would rather use simple biscuits without any flavor and filling.
Ingredients:
200 grams of biscuits
50 grams of butter
2 packages (400 gr)of cream cheese
200 ml of sour cream
200 grams of pumpkin puree
250 grams of powdered sugar (you can take less sugar if you want)
4 eggs (whites and yolks separated)
Grease your spring form pan well. Finely crush all of the biscuits and add in melted butter, mix well. Press this mixture into the bottom of the pan evenly.Put in fridge for 30 min.
Beat well cream cheese with 100 grams of powdered sugar, gradually add in 4 egg yolks. Separately beat sour cream with 100 grams of powdered sugar. 4 egg whites also should be beat up separately with 50 grams of powdered sugar until stiff peak.
Finely mix cream cheese mixture with sour cream and pumpkin puree. At the end mix egg whites very carefully to this mixture. Take out spring pan from fridge, pour in mixture over the crust and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or more-it depends on the character of your oven, but the edges of the cheese cake must be firm, but the center still moves slightly. Cool completely and put in to the fridge for at least 4-5 hours. You can decorate the top of the cheesecake as you want, for me, as a lazy lady, I just sprinkle cocoa powder:) Serve and enjoy this yummy cake with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment