Monday, March 28, 2011

Okroshka in whey with panir


I often make panir/cottage cheese/tvorog and I always have whey out of it. So I usually make pancakes, bread or chapatis out of that whey. Milk whey is very useful,healthy and full of vitamins. If you want to improve your immune system, you have to drink 1 cup of whey every morning. I often make "okroshka", which is perfect meal for a lunch in hot summer. This time I made "okroshka" with panir which makes it perfect vegetarian food full of vitamins and protein. Three servings out of the following recipe.
Ingredients:
600 ml of whey
2 boiled eggs
100 grams of panir
1 cucumber
1 potato boiled in skin
Fresh chopped greens (I used coriander)
3 tbsp of sour cream
Salt to taste
Clean eggs from shells and cut in cubes. Peel out potatoes skin and cut in cubes. Cucumber also has to be washed and cubed. Panir has to be cut in bigger cubes. In bowl, mix cubed potato, eggs, cucumber and greens. At the end add in panir. In separate bowl whisk sour cream into the whey. Combine all of the ingredients carefully not to mash panir. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment